klnlsu is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

split database getting sync center error?

I have a Windows 7 PC that will not open the front end portion of a split database that is on our network. It will open the back end. In file explorer, the icon for the front end database has a Sync Center emblem in it, and the size shows zero. This database is saved in Access 2002-2003 (.mdb) type, and this PC has Access 2013. I am having no problem opening this db with any other PC on our network, and they have the same version of Windows and Access. Has anyone else run into this problem? If I decide to "un-split" this db, can't I simply re-link the tables in the front end, and delete the back end?

Thanks in advance!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Not familiar with the term Sync Center. But, the symptom you are describing sounds like a virus that takes your data hostage and then the nice people that delivered it to you demands a ransom. I think the old term for it is Crypto something or other.

The Sync Center is a windows operation that can be found on the Control Panel.

I'm not sure why this database was originally split because the front end and back end are both on our network server, so everyone is sharing the same front end. No one else is having a problem opening, so the front end is not corrupted. It has to be a setting or something on this particular PC, but I can't figure out what it is.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Google "sync center error", I found a few things about file locking but not sure if that is what you have or if the solutions to fix will work for you. I do not have experience with Sync Center but does not sound Access related, more Windows OS?

Other then that, maybe try to copy the FE to your PC instead of opening on server.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Yeah, if you can make copies of the FE and get it off of the server, that would be best. As for the Sync Center thing, that sounds like a lot of fun.

It's definitely a Sync Center error. I moved the tables back to the front end and removed the back end. In order to get the "afflicted" PC to open it, however, I had to rename the database! It continued to mark that file in that folder as "out of sync". I have the database working again on all workstations, but I would like an answer to the sync problem if anybody knows how that marvelous utility works.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.