Desstro is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

Question Filtered Report

I have a DB that in one of the tables is a field titled "StartDate". I would like to create a report that when opened it shows only the data in the table that is the current date. Is this possible? Do I have to base a report off of a query that is set up to show that? If so how?

OK-- I believe I am starting to answer my own question. I still need help though. It seems as if I should be able to set an "=Date()" in the criteria of the start date within my query and then when ever the query is ran, the current system date will then be....well queried. However, when I do this I receive an error stating, "Type mismatch in expression".

Help?
    Please?

I was on the right path....I figured it out. Hooray me!
    Last edited by Desstro; 06-17-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Think Im on the right path. Still need help.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    It is great that you were able to resolve your own problem but it would be even more helpful if you would share your solution with others that read this forum.

Desstro is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Smile Solution to Filtered report.

Thanks for the reminder RuralGuy, I meant to do so but found myself wrapped up in continuing to design the DB after overcoming that hurdle that I forgot.

What I came up with was instead of trying to create a "report" that was filtered, I simply put "=Date()" in the criteria of "StartDate" within the query design view. So now the query does exactly what I was after in the first place.

I am very new to Access so if this seems to be an elementary issue, I am sure it is. My company sent me to a 5 day Access class about 6 months ago where I learned quite a bit. Unfortunately having not put any of that theory to practice until 6 months later...2 steps forward one step back if you know what I mean.

I am very glad to have been asked by the company to begin working on creating a DB that will tear us away from being so dependent on Excel for what should be DB functions.

That being said, I am sure I will be asking some questions, and I appreciate all who take their precious time to assist. I have all of my books from my Access class and try to find my answers from within, but there is a lot that is not in the books.

Thanks again.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Thanks for taking the time to post back with your solution. There are lots of people here ready, willing and able to help with your next issue. Post any time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.