LOOKOD is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

CPU bogging down per platform

I have used two access database for years. on a DELL XPS 15 high RAM laptop for years (i think 8 GB or more) One application is a front/end back end parent-child relational design and the other a flat redundant design. they both have maybe 40,000 records. they both perform equally well.

I recently purchased a DELL flip screen 2-in-1 tablet/laptop 12.5 inch. 8 GB RAM The thing is lickety quick also on surfing and the split front end/backend design.
    BUT THE REDUNDANT design is dog slow (sorry dogs) Anytime I click on anything (any combobox, a new record form icon, an input field,) the CPU goes to 29% and then DOES NOT RESPOND and soeteimes jumps to 93%
    It lasts for 60 seconds to 3 minutes then settles down until the next click.

I tried deleting the database and recopying it from two different external drives . that didnt matter. I tried compacting again. that did not matter either

What could be going on? I can't function like that.

LOOKOD is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    Oh another thing, I am using WINDOWS 8 PRO but something called SHELL which makes it work like WIN 7. also, I notice that in the frontend/back end DB IN THIS NEW PLATFORM there is one icon whcih switches my current form to a different input form gets an error message DATABSE ENGINE could not find the ObJECT 1 otherwise all forms and command buttons work great

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    The additional comments in post #2 may be relevant. My experience is that, nowadays, PC's need more and more graphics processing power. So when you have a tablet with onboard graphics processing, it is difficult to run multiple apps. Microsoft Access seems to get crowded out as other apps, including web browser windows, are running.

LOOKOD is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    I closed almost all applications. I see windows is connsuming 30% of the CPU almost full time.
    ACCESS for the pt_ database will jump to 30% from 5 percent for about 30-60 seconds if I click on any combo box. the system is at about 62% of CPU consumed

but the other database didnt do that.

Is there a way to add an index for records to make search comboboxes easire

LOOKOD is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    And I will add that the windows system is always at 29% is that high? meaning the WIN system and this ACCESS DB combine for 62% CPU anytime I hit a combo box

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    It could be an indication of malware. Perhaps you have more than one Antivirus installed on the machine. Even a previous version of the same vendor can create a conflict. Although, installers will usually be forgiving enough to check for such circumstances prior to install.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.