Ddempsii is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Exporting PDF

Hello all,

Hope all is well, I've been beating my head against the wall for a little bit now. What I have is a form that on save, exports a pdf of the form into the selected folder. I'm getting into navigation forms (which look way better than what i'm doing) and I can't seem to export the pdf. I'm assuming its because now the form is considered a subform. So how do you export a pdf of a subform?

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputForm, "MyFormName", acFormatPDF, NameofFileAD, False, , , acExportQualityScreen

This is what i'm current using, obviously not "MyFormName" but I've tried "Form.subform" and other things. From the above the pdf does get generated BUT the entire pdf is a blank white pdf.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea, or if you need more detail. Thank you!

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    did you try with only these params:
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputForm, "MyFormName", acFormatPDF, NameofFileAD

is your form very large?
    sometimes it creates multiple pages.

Just did, it creates the pdf file (1 pg) but when opened its all white, just blank.

The form is not even a full 2 pages long. 1 1/2.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I will tell you right now that I avoid Navigation Forms/Controls like restaurants my ex's visit.

You may be able to reference the form within the control by doing something similar to the following ...
    [Forms]![mainform]![NavigationSubform].[Form]

There are probably 2 or 3 helpful references out there. I was able to get some insight using a post Steve created
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...820#post310820

You avoid them? I'm interested to understand why. They look very clean and user friendly. This is my first time using nav forms but if this isn't the way to go let me know.

I tried [Forms]![mainform]![NavigationSubform].[Form] using my main form name and all I got was an error.

Thank you for the link and the response ill look into it a little more.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Because of the pain you are experiencing today, I avoid them. I do not avoid them because they are ugly. I believe it is possible to pass the fully qualified name using the Namespace. Do not use Quotations. Quotes will indicate to the DoCmd Paramater that you are passing a String Argument. Pass the Object, instead.

You will need to pass the name of the actual Navigation Control. This is hard to find. The way I remember it, when using the Wizard to create the form, You have the Form Name and then there is the control that is the Navigation thing. This resides just inside the form. This Navigation Control has all sorts of stuff inside of it. Maybe there are some Tabs you need to identify. Your Form Object may be contained within one of those.
    Code:
    [Forms]![mainform]![CorrectNavigationName ].[Form]!tbStart

Understood. This is painful. I can pull information off the navigation form, as well as switch the navigation form from one form to another. The only thing I can't do is export a simple pdf. This seems like such an easy task.

Thank you both for your help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.