Vanessa Holder is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

When I search for a record in my form it does not find it.

The record was entered in my form and it is showing up on my table.

orange is online now Moderator
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Perhaps you could show us some code,table design, form........

Sorry I can't show you how my table looks as it has confidential employee information on it. I have 370 employee records on my table but when I search for a record in the form search it says there are 366 records. There are a few records that the table does not find.

WendellS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    On your form why not create a combo box (with the wizard) that will find a record on your form. You chose your table where the records are, and the field. It should work perfectly for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    If it is not in your form's recordset, it is not in your form's recordset.

Try building a new temp form and bind that new form to your table or the query you would normally use. See if the problem persists. Then revisit your original form. Check the Filter property while in Design View. Check the RecordSource while in Design View.

I'm still stuck. This information might help. My form is drawn from 2 tables. Each employee is on both tables but each table has different fields. The database allocates the employee with an ID number. For some reason ID no.366 appears on one table but not the other table. Also when I do a search in form view the database can not find ID no.366. I have entered the data into the form.

Vanessa,

I don't have any interest in your data values. But in order to help you, we need to know WHAT is the subject of the database (vehicle sales, HR, appointment calendar, project planning..???.). Also we need to know, what tables and relationships you have --the design. You mention 2 tables --what are they; what is their design?

Each employee is on both tables but each table has different fields
    Please tell us what this means in simple terms - no database jargon.

Here is a link to a data model that shows some of the kinds of things I'm talking about.
    As ItsMe said, if the data you are searching for is not in the record source that feeds your form, then it will not be found.

You can tell us about the application/database in general terms --keep the confidentiality/privacy --but for names you can use Porky Pig, General Purpose, Smallville, BigVille etc. We are concerned with the structure (the things and how they are related).
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Vanessa,

I don't have any interest in your data values. But in order to help you, we need to know WHAT is the subject of the database (vehicle sales, HR, appointment calendar, project planning..???.). Also we need to know, what tables and relationships you have --the design. You mention 2 tables --what are they; what is their design?

Please tell us what this means in simple terms - no database jargon.

Here is a link to a data model that shows some of the kinds of things I'm talking about.
    As ItsMe said, if the data you are searching for is not in the record source that feeds your form, then it will not be found.

You can tell us about the application/database in general terms --keep the confidentiality/privacy --but for names you can use Porky Pig, General Purpose, Smallville, BigVille etc. We are concerned with the structure (the things and how they are related).
    Good luck.
    My database is an HR database for employees. The tables are excel spread sheets. One table has the employee contact details, position, start date and team leader
    Other table has more personal information like the employee's salary, contract details, performance appraisals, police vetting results, immigration status, vehicle details.
    Hope this helps.

Hopefully the data model and/or others at that site will be helpful to you.

Is this the final disposition? The tables are excel spread sheets. Or are you moving these to designed Access tables (similar to the data model.)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.