Grant Shea is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Custom Reports

Hi all I would like to create a custom report design that puts the records that i am querying in a specific format. I have attached 2 pdfs that are roughly what i would like the report to look like where the questions and answers are the data in the database.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I would say no, unless you were willing and able to have each row the same height. I thought there'd be a way to do it, but as I wrote I realized that the masking line I refer to below would be fixed, and the control height would vary, so much of the time they would not line up. I'm leaving the answer I was writing to show where I was going with this, but it wouldn't work. One thing you could not have would be the mixed borderlines (solid and dash) like you have. If you have no borders at all, then you could do it. You could have a dividing line for each row though. The practically impossible part is a vertical line that can grow with the section.

I envision a details section with a drawn line at the top of it, close to your controls, to provide the upper border.
    Your controls would need to look flat and have the Can Grow property set to Yes.
    You would need a horizontal line, same color as your background, same width as your control, placed exactly over the top and bottom border of each the controls. This is to mask the top and bottom control border, and allow the side borders to comprise the vertical lines...

Your other possibility is a datasheet, but then you'd be printing a form, not a report as you asked.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Grant Shea is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The colors and formatting are not set in stone. I do not need the vertical line to grow with the section the 4 columns can be fixed width. I just cant stand the default report format that access has.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.