vibinmvenugopal is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Access form not connecting to sharepoint list

I am having one Ms access form with a sharepoint list linked to it.

Everytime I open the form, the entire access is getting hanged because it is not able to connect to Sharepoint list.

There problem here is the sharepoint list is not refreshed or the credentials are not saved in the browser.

Apart from saving the credentials, is there any way my form will work by prompting for credentials or refreshing the list so the application won't get hanged?

BusDriver3 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I am having the same problem, yesterday I was using Access 2010 (front end) which was linked to SharePoint 2010 List (back end). Everything worked fine until this morning when the IT dudes updated us to Access 2013 which now doesn't want to connect to our SharePoint 2010 List. I was able to find one work around by selecting the "Golden Square" (link-to-list in the table column) right click > and select Refresh List. I only have to do that once, but I have to do it each time I open the db.

I found this code as well that I will try to add to a button tomorrow at work...

Code:
    Public Sub updateData()
           CurrentDb.TableDefs("linked_table").RefreshLink
    End Sub
    Note: (replace "linked_table" name with your actual table name and keep the quotations)... I have no idea if this will work but I am going to try to it...

Good luck and let us know if this works for you, I will do the same.

BusDriver3 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I tried it work today and it works like a dream...

I put the code in my switch-board so it refreshes "on load"... Switch Board > Design View > Properties > Event Tab > On Load > Code Builder > Copy n Paste vba string above > Save > Quit Access and relunch.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    @BusDriver3
    Nice work. I was unaware the table properties could cause the symptoms described here.

It is interesting that manually refreshing the Connect property of the table is required each time you reopen the app. Perhaps launching the Linked Table Manager can correct the issue on a more permanent basis. Alternatively, using VBA to delete and recreate the tables should do the trick. Understanding the table names and the Connect property value will allow you to recreate the tables.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.