Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Please don't tell me to go read
    Well, if we tell how how to do it, you would have to read that, so I don't think you can escape the reading part

Anyway, here is an article that has pictures too that shows you exactly how to create a Calculated Field in a Query.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...__toc263684102

PsYc0TiC is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    This is the query that my report uses:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	25507

I circled the calculated fields from the table. I thought this was the easiest way but zero values make the report display #####

I guess I can live with it since I don't know how to do what you are suggesting

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    Well, if we tell how how to do it, you would have to read that, so I don't think you can escape the reading part

Anyway, here is an article that has pictures too that shows you exactly how to create a Calculated Field in a Query.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...__toc263684102
    Ha ha... I deserved that.

I have been doing a lot of reading and I have read much on the site that you linked but didn't find that one.

Thank you so much for the link.... it is doing it kinda the way I was thinking about trying

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    It is basically doing what you were trying to do in your table (building the "Expression" or "Calculated Field"), but just doing it in the Query instead.
    So if you just put that calculation that RuralGuy gave you in post #5 (adjusting field names, if needed) it should give you what you want/need.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Just go to Create a query and the wizard will help. Then add your calculated field and again the same wizard you were looking at in the table will work this time. It is really quite easy. Post back here if it does not cooperate and we'll arm wrestle it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Just go to Create a query and the wizard will help. Then add your calculated field and again the same wizard you were looking at in the table will work this time. It is really quite easy. Post back here if it does not cooperate and we'll arm wrestle it for you.
    This worked and I can't thank you enough for the link explaining it.

I have an interesting question related to it though.

The previous calculated fields in the table were formatting the information in % form.

I created the calculated expressions in the query I used to pull the data from the calculated table fields to generate the report.

I then deleted the calculated table fields that previously were used. I then went to the report (in design view) that was previously displaying the information pulled from the calculated fields using the query and changed the fields properties in the report by adding the query expressions except preceded by the = sign (because I think that is what I was supposed to do to display the information)

The information displayed correctly... in % form and I can't for the life of me figure out how it knows to format it in %.

Before the table field had choices of how to display the data but the expression in the query did not so how is it working?

I went and looked harder after I posted this and I found where to format the data in the expression and I changed it to percent but the data stayed the same... how in the world was it correct in the first place?

In a Report all you need do to display a field in the recordset is place the control where you want and select the control source for it in the property sheet. No "=" needed. What do the results of the query directly look like?

I figured it out already... I go the same results either way

I marked this thread as Solved for you using the Thread Tools at the top of the thread.

Sorry... I will take care of it next time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.