Waterdog is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Displaying multiple locations for one product in each entry

Hey guys, I'm trying to recreate an old report using MS Access. I'm displaying a list of products in a database. In the report, I want to show a total quantity of each product. I also want to show the different warehouse locations for the product. The old report, which was a web report developed years ago had the following format:

Product, Count, Location

Product name (ProductID), Total count of product, Locations listed here (i.e. D21d01, D22b02, D32c01, etc.)

*Note: I'd have more space between each column, separated currently by commas above. Evidently this site doesn't like if I try to just put a bunch of space between each column here.

So essentially, the top of the page would show the header for each column. And then list a product followed by the total quantity on hand for that item over multiple locations for it and then the list of those multiple locations. And then it would go from there to the next product and so on. I'm trying to decide how I can even list this all. To throw it all into the Detail portion of the report would clearly not work. Unless I need to just create a new field or fields and just write code to concatenate together all those locations for each product in order to display them how I want, along with writing code to total up the overall quantity of each item. Thoughts?

*Edit*

Here's a sample from the old report. Mine will not have all the fields but should give a better idea of the formatting I'm looking for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	25304

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    This is not how access works. It makes list top, down. (not left to right)
    It will take programming to do this.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Code:
    Evidently this site doesn't like if I try to just put a bunch of          space             between each column here.
    easy - surround your text with the code tags (# button)

re your question I suspect you need Allen Browne's concatrelated function here

http://allenbrowne.com/func-concat.html

Waterdog is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Ranman256, yeah I had a feeling about that. From the reports I've created, top to bottom is how they've functioned. And the report sample I gave was an old web report that someone made, not something through Access. Had a feeling it was more straight programming than anything. Still figured I'd ask. Appreciate your input. Just confirms my suspicions.

And Ajax, thanks as well for the link. I think I came across that page after posting here but was still reading through it all. I'll figure something out with this.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.