JFonz is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Question Query for mismatch data on a single table

I need help please. I am trying to create a query that will return all records that have some mismatch data for numerous fields. My table has a common field (Pos # in the below example). Each field is a requirement for filling the current position. I want to query all of the ones that have data mismatch as well as the accurate requirement so I can see which fields are a mismatch. The table has around 200 different positions with 1 current position holder and 1 or 2 future candidates per position. Here is an example of what I want to do. The query should return results for Pos#1 but not for Pos#2. Can anyone help me with this?

Pos # Hair color eye color weight Status

1 Blonde blue 200 Current
    1 brown blue 200 Future
    1 green brown 100 Future

2 Black blue 200 Current
    2 Black blue 200 Future

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    How can you have mismatched data. It's either text or string. Why would you have 2 different fields for the same data?
    if you have 2 tables with the wrong data type, then build a query and concert the field.
    CDBL() to convert string to text
    CSTR() to do the reverse.

JFonz is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    ranman256 - Thank you for replying. I guess I should have first said that I am a beginner at Access, so some of my terminology may be wrong. Let me clarify more. Each position has specific criteria in each field that is required (the one marked current, which represents the person that is currently in that position). The "Future" candidates have been input into the table, but some do not meet the criteria in the fields. I would like to write a query that will find those "non-met" criteria records. Does that make sense?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.