Xterra14s is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Form temporarily disapearing when opening it from a different form?

I'm having this issue that I will describe as best as possible. I tried to upload some screenshots but it wont allow me to do so.
    So I have one form that has patient information displayed. When entering a new patient there's a button that closes the main form and opens up the add new patient form. Once you are done you submit and it closes the add patient form and brings you back to the main form.

Now the issue: When I click the add new patient button it brings me to a blank form. If I open the add patient form and click back to home the part with the patient information disappears. The disappearing form is only temporary and they work on their own. Both forms are coming off the same table/query. One only shows information while the other is an edit form.

I get this error though when opening the main form from the add patient form "You tried to lock table " while opening it, but the table cannot be locked because it is currently in use. Wait a moment, and then try the operation again."

The table isn't locked and the fields from the table in the form are also not locked.

Any ideas? I'm getting desperate.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    If you solved this thread, do you want to share your solution or do you just want me to delete the thread?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.