Bazsl is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Why does photo repaint twice?

I have a form with an attachment field. Each row in the table has a single JPEG image in the attachment field. When I scroll from row to row in the form I can see the JPEG image repaint twice (I think it is only twice) as I arrive on each record. This creates an annoying flicker and also slows scrolling. Is there any way to prevent the multiple repaints? Thanks.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    Did you put any code in the Current Event of then form? What type of form are you using? Single, Continuous, Datasheet?

There is no code in the form. It is not in DataSheet view. I do not know the difference between single and continuous but the form was created with the form wizard and shows one record at a time. Sorry but I am very new to Access.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    When I scroll from row to row in the form I can see the JPEG image repaint twice (I think it is only twice) as I arrive on each record.....This creates an annoying flicker and also slows scrolling
    implies you have a continuous form - more recently called a multiple items form.
    the form was created with the form wizard and shows one record at a time
    implies you have a single form

there is a big difference between the two, so you need to be clear about what you are talking about

Thanks Ajax. The DefaultView property says Single Form. The form shows the fields from a single row including a single photo and does NOT contain a sub-form.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    so where does the scrolling come into it? is the single form larger than the screen? or at least the access window? Perhaps you can show a screenshot of what you have

By "scrolling" I mean moving the table cursor to the next row by clicking the next record button or by pressing the PgDn key. When I click the next record button the next row in the table is displayed in the form and the picture is drawn on the screen then immediately redrawn a second time.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    ok then, I'm not quite sure if it is your terminology, but attachment fields usually show a paperclip, not an image, so it may be something to do with that. I'm still on 2010 and don't use attachment fields for images (I store them in a window directory and store the path in a text field, then I have an image control with a recordsource of =[fullpath] where fullpath is the name of the text field)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.