matechik4 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Trying to Select Dates by Month and Year

Hi,

I am new to access so this may be a simple question but I appreciate your help.

I am running a query to select tasks that have to be completed in a given month during a specific year. I want the users to be able to use a form I created to select the month and year and then have the query use the months and year from the form. I can get the query to select all the tasks based on the month or select all of the tasks based on the year, but it yields no results when I use an And statement to combine the two expressions. Here is what I have so far:

A query called [qryEventDates] that has all the tasks and their corresponding due dates. The due date field is called [EventDate] and is in date and time format.
    A form called [Report by POC] that lets the user select the month and year. The form has a combo box for month called [ComboMonth_RBP] and a text box called [YearBox]

If I enter this expression in my query...
    (DatePart("m",[qryEventDates]![EventDate])=[Forms]![Report by POC]![ComboMonth_RBP])

it selects all the tasks due by the month on the form. This makes sense.

If I enter this expression...
    (DatePart("yyyy",[qryEventDates]![EventDate])=[Forms]![Report by POC]![YearBox])

it selects all the tasks due during the year specified on the form. This also makes sense.

However, if I enter this expression...

(DatePart("m",[qryEventDates]![EventDate])=[Forms]![Report by POC]![ComboMonth_RBP]) And (DatePart("yyyy",[qryEventDates]![EventDate])=[Forms]![Report by POC]![YearBox])

It selects nothing, even when there are tasks due in that given month and year.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Should I be using a different approach? I appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks for your time.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    not sure it makes a difference if it is working individually, but you should use a . for the table/field separator rather than a !

[qryEventDates].[EventDate]

also try

Format([qryEventDates].[EventDate],"yyyymm")=[Forms]![Report by POC]![YearBox] & [Forms]![Report by POC]![ComboMonth_RBP]

matechik4 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    It worked! Thank you. I'm just beginning to get into to Access but I like it so far. I appreciate all of you who have contributed to forums and made instructional videos. It is really helping me out.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.