snowboarder234 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Two fields on the form have "crashed"

The data in the Description field is gone, in it's place is this: #Name?. The data in the publication date field also disappeared, but now it's back. I don't know if this is relevant or not, but this appeared right after I added an attachment field to the books table. The data in the fields mentioned is still in the table.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crash.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	25231

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    #Name? means the specified reference cannot be resolved. If for instance, you added a field to your table and caused the bound column of your listbox to shift, reference may no longer be valid. Also, in effecting your changes, you may now be using a control name and field name that are the same. Why the query wizard does this is beyond me, but it can cause a circular reference.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

I resolved it by reinserting a new memo field. However, now I have another problem. The memo field now displays on the other two tabbed pages (Duplicate Copies and Borrowing History). I had this happen before and advice on this forum told me to delete the additional fields by using ctrl X and paste via ctrl V. I'm doing that, but the ctrl V (paste) still causes the field to duplicate itself on the other two pages.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    delete the additional fields by using ctrl X and paste via ctrl V
    By fields you mean controls?
    If they weren't there before, maybe you've accidentally copied it to something other than the page (such as the form itself) and it is in the foreground.
    If they were there and you're saying the same info is rendered, then you've forgotten to alter their respective row sources.
    If neither, then I don't know what you mean.

Googled and found the solution if it's helpful: "This is the really important part: when you go to add a control to a tabbed page, whether it be a textbox, command button or subform, you must first click to select one of the pages, then add the control. Otherwise, the control will be added to the form itself, and will show thru on all tabbed pages! If a single page has been selected, when your cursor carrying the control appears over the page, a black "insert" will appear."
    http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=172843

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    OMG...I posted that tutorial over seven years ago! Glad to see that it's still helping people!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.