Accessed is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Object or class does not Support the set of events?

After working diligently on this for weeks and finally having it ready to use...I was greeted with this message when I launched my database and made my typical variable selection in the active control (a combobox):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoSupport.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	25222

Now this has been a database under construction for some time and perhaps some of you have followed it's history. Everything was fine when I left the office and last closed the database - and now the most important form has ceased to function. Click OK and I get this when I attempt to select a variable in the combo box:

Name:	MacroSingleStep.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	25223

And the macro it's pointing to is this:

Name:	Macro.jpg 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	25224

To say I am in shock and horror is an understatement - the timing couldn't possibly be worse. Now this macro was built for me by the subform wizard, and is the only remnant from that wizard that remains with everything else being built one painful step at a time. I believe it's function is to provide the necessary after update requery used by the three subforms and rather sizable collection of text boxes housing important data. If at all possible I would like to do away with this macro altogether as there have been some peculiar happening leading up to this that I unfortunately ignored (and couldn't even adequately tell you what they were).

I would be so grateful to anyone that can help me get back to where I was. I can tell you that the same problem happens on my notebook computer, so it's no doubt within the database. I have run a compact and repair and also run an online repair of my Office installation. Also perhaps helpful is that the same macro appears to run one of my other subforms, and that one seems to be just fine.

Please help (me maintain my sanity)!

Windows 10 Access 2016
    A quick update. With some fortune I was able to get back to where I was thanks to SharePoint versioning and exporting the latest form to an earlier version of the database. All is back now, but I still need to know what this macro is doing and find a better way less this become a recurring problem. So your help will still be appreciated.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    You may have tested this on 2 different computers, but what's common between them is you, and possibly where you're opening this database from. This error number is often associated with permissions issues, especially the db being not in a trusted location. Often, things work, then files move or directory structure changes and stuff stops working. Ensure that the db is in a trusted location as a start. In older versions of Access, this is handled in Access Options > Trust Center > Trusted Locations. Also ensure your permissions on the folder are correct.
    Last edited by Micron; 07-21-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: grammar
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Sorry in advance-- I don't use macros or Sharepoint. Was Sharepoint mentioned as this was evolving???

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Sorry in advance-- I don't use macros or Sharepoint. Was Sharepoint mentioned as this was evolving???
    Probably not mentioned as I didn't think it was relevant? SharePoint and Office 365 form the backbone of most everything we do. Ultimately I plan to host the completed Access database on our SharePoint site so that all team members can access and use it. There are many other "aspects" to the database that are under development. But since I am far from an IT guy, all of this takes time while I learn what I need to know.

As for macros, it seems to me that SQL is preferable when available - but I have no foundation for that statement and I suspect there are times when only a macro can do the job?

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.