halabis is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Enter Parameter Value popping up for undetermined reason

So i have a report that is generated from a form that pulls on Query TMSummaryQ5. Every time I run the report I get an "Enter Parameter Value" pop up for the fields 'OccurrenceDate" and "6Months". Neither of those fields are in TMSummaryQ5, nor does the report request them anywhere. Leave them blank and the report runs perfectly fine.

However...

TMSummaryQ5 pulls on TMSummaryQ4, which pulls on TMSummaryQ3, which pulls on TMSummaryQ2, which pulls on TMSummaryQ1.

TMSummaryQ1 pulls the "OccurenceDate" field.

There is no "6Months" field in any of the queries pulled, nor in any of the tables in my entire database. There is such a field in another query, but none of the queries in the report even touch that query.

Running each of the queries individually works perfectly fine (With the form pulled up so that the variable data is filled in). None of them produce a pop up.

I am at a complete loss as to why running the report results in these pop ups.

Any ideas?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    One place they might be hiding is in Group & Sort. There could also be a textbox referring to them, either in a calculation or directly.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I think you may be on to something. There was previously a subreport on this report that referred to both of those values. I have long since deleted the subreport though.

Clicking on Group and Sort shows nothing, and not of the text boxes refer to it (or have formula)

Is there any way that deleted subreport could be impacting t

Windows XP Access 2007
    If the subreport control is still there, it could be in the master/child links. Can you attach the db here?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I've discovered the problem, if not its exact source. I recreated the report in its entirety (but lacking all my time intensive formatting). Then copied each field from the old (erroneous) report one at a time. The new report remained error free until i copied in the "Agent Name" field, at which point the error showed up on the new report. Looking at all the properties I cant find any difference between the Agent Name field from the two reports other than formatting.

So I just deleted it and remade the field and now everything works fine. (For some reason)

Windows XP Access 2007
    Glad you got it working. Perhaps there was something in Conditional Formatting?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.