sam49 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

How do i change the font colour in a access 1013 report

Hi i am using Access 1013 and windows 10

My problem is a little whine ago i created some reports with some lables and text boxes with different colours and they print out just right with this correct font colour and i can change these colours by opening the report and selecting the text box then right click and drop down to font/fore colour and change it from there and then the report shows the new colour on the screen.

But some reports this does not happen i can change the font/fore colour as above and it shows the new font colour on the screen but when i print the report ether the colour does not change from the original black and if it does change its just a muddy grey colour

So how do i change the report font colour please

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    One assumes the font color change is being saved - which means that when you re-open the report the change remains. It this is not true and the color has returned to black in terms of its property. Then your change is not saving and you must be sure to save the object before closing it.

But assuming the change is saved then the problem may be outside Access in regard to printer drivers and such. I think the best sanity check is to change to red - a primary color - and see if it prints out red. More subtle color differences may be not supported correctly via the printer but one would think a red primary would be.

If you are saying some reports print color okay but other reports print only black & white - - that would have me baffled as I don't think there is a report property that touches this point but would need to double check this point.

Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Hi NTC

Thank you for the advice

Yes when I change the font colour and save the report, and then reopen the report all the font colours I have changed are in the new colour, so the report is saved ok.

I have changed some font colours to Red and saved the report but then when I print the report instead of a red font I get a dull grey colour defiantly not red.

Some reports I made with access 2010 that started life with a colour font (it was red actually) now print OK in red or what ever colour i change the font to red, blue, green whatever all ok

But some reports made at the same time in access 2010 that were all black fonts will not let me change the font colour if i change it to red all i get is a muddy grey

I can create a new report and change the font colour and it prints out correctly so it seems to only effect reports that were originally all black fonts

Some of these reports are quit complicated and would take hours to build again
    Last edited by sam49; 07-11-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added info

NTC is offline VIP
    One thing to trouble shoot this would be to focus on 1 control/text box that will only print dark. Delete it. Drag in a new control to replace it. See if it prints color. This will tell us whether or not it is the control or the report.

Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Ok I deleted the lable and created another and changed the font to red and it still prints out a muddy grey
    Last edited by sam49; 07-12-2016 at 10:46 AM.

NTC is offline VIP
    Shot in the dark; but try this:
    1. Open the report in preview mode.
    2. Go to File screen; Print...
    3. Select the applicable printer
    4. Click the Properties button.
    5. Go to the tab that allows you to select color or black and white, and select color.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Click Print (this is important, you actually have to print it).
    8. Once the report is generated, take the report back to design view and click the Save button.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.