dferreira is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Network Access Issue with Microsft Access 2013

I have a form that is running code on a timer event. The code loops through records and exports a csv file based on certain conditions.

The code works fine on my machine and it did previously on my customer's other server.

Two things changed. He changed to Windows Server 2012 and the Server has Access 2013 64 bit installed.

He was using Access 2013 32 bit before and the code ran fine.

I change one bit of code that received an error message that the code was old, so I changed the code. We no longer get that error.

However, we are receiving an intermittent error as follows: "your network access was interrupted". I found some articles related to windows 2010 and group policy, but this server is not on windows. Is there anyone that has any ideas? It worked before these changes.

Thank you. I am also looking for someone that I can pay from time to time to assist me with challenges like this.

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Hi, as I understand it, Access has been installed directly on the server, so if you let Access export the csv to a location on that server, no network issues can occur. Have you tested this? If you go in debug mode and step to the code, on which line does the error occur?

Thank you for responding. I thought I would get an email when someone responded. I just logged and saw your response. We are still having issues. Access is installed on the server. It is a virtual server. The strange thing now is that we are not receiving an error. I put pauses in the code that is doing the output so that it is time to do the output. It is on a timer event. It runs fine on my computer. We also did not have issues before until he changed servers. Do you have any ideas?

What I forgot to say is that it just stops running......

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Have you checked your server logs? Sounds to me like a service is stopped somewhere.

The server is a virtual server. The support for the server looked and the logs and the only thing they saw was an Access licensing error. It is a subscription. There is something called "click to run". Do you think that is it? But they tried stopping it while we were trouble shooting and the timer event kept running. This is driving me crazy!

NoellaG is offline VIP
    could be a licensing issue, but could be permissions, I'm thinking firewalls here

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.