StuartGuildford is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Accessing a combo list of a table via the corresponding field in a subform

Hello.

I have a table (PERBUS) which explains the relationship (PERBUS_POSITION) between a business (BUS) and a person (PER) (ie. director, staff, supplier etc) via a Combo Box with a populated Value List in the Row Source entry. So far so good.

I then use that information so on the Business form it will show me which persons are related to that business and how, and on the a Persons form it will do the same in reverse.

The problem I have is that even though I refer to the PERBUS_POSITION field in the Control Source of a form (subsequently used as a subform), I can't see the PERBUS_POSITION Value list in the drop down menu from the form or subform. It's just blank. I've got round it by filling in the Row Source in the Form again, but I think I'm unnecessarily duplicating the list when I don't need to.

Could someone kindly assist.
    Thank you

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Ive seen this issue with datasheets commonly. Are you using the subform in datasheet mode? Can you provide your DB in a link?

StuartGuildford is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceptus View Post
    Ive seen this issue with datasheets commonly. Are you using the subform in datasheet mode? Can you provide your DB in a link?
    Hi Perceptus. The subform is viewed on another form. I didn't realise it could be done on datasheet mode. So I have the main business information page as a form, and included on that page is a section which looks across at the relevant information in the person-business relationships (PERBUS) table to show who people are in relation to that company.

Unfortunately I can't provide a link as the system has been in use for a about 5 years and holds confidential information. There is a huge amount of data held in various tables in various locations so I'm a bit reluctant to make a copy and strip it all out.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.