timesscript is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Using VBA to retrieve / download / recieve / emails from server (POP / IMAP ) and put in tables

I have looked through what seems like hundreds of threads on this and other forums and it seems like everyone hints at this being possible but nobody actually seems to know how.

I would like to use VBA to check an email (POP or IMAP, don't care), download the unread emails, delete them, and save the data into access tables. (Perhaps the subject, body, and from email address)

I understand that winsock can do this, but can't find any examples. I have found some 3rd party APIs, but they all have a charge.

I don't want to use outlook, I have a setup right now to send emails without outlook that works well on servers I use that don't have outlook installed, and skipping that middleman would be best for me.

Appreciate any help you can offer,

Thanks!

timesscript is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Still very interested in this issue. Any solutions?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    you can use CDO to send emails - plenty of code examples around as to how to do that and looks like you have resolved that one. But to receive emails will require 3rd party API's and they do come with a charge.

However a quick look online found this thread which may work for you, doesn't look like there is a charge involved but haven't drilled all the way down

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...o-in-vba-excel

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.