dmwesq is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Auto Size detail section

I have a report created years ago by others that I need to use as essentially a mail merge as a political petition. Each page of the petition has 1-4 names of candidates depending on the particular district, and then a page break before the next district which again will have 1-4 names, and so on. I have everything working except the space between the detail section, which contains the fields being merged from our query, and the page footer, which contains static text that is in a label will not adjust to close the white space on the report. I have the section as well as the fields within it set to allow to grow and shrink, but nothing I do seems to work.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    You have described your issue really well but I still dont know what the intended output is suppose to be. What is broken?

dmwesq is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceptus View Post
    You have described your issue really well but I still dont know what the intended output is suppose to be. What is broken?
    The intended output is a merged file with each district having its own page with 1-4 candidates per district. So we have 71 districts with 200+ candidates, and each district needs its own petition. The problem is that when the document would merge, the space between the detail section, which is where the candidate information pulled from the query goes, and the remainder of the form, would stay at about 6" in length. The goal was for that white space to shrink and the remaining sections of the report to go directly under the last name in the detail section, but I can't seem to get that portion of the report to shrink.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.