najjan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Setting Report to Print on Legal Size Paper

I wrote a work tracking program for my husband's business many eons ago in Access. Original was written in 1997 version which was upgraded to 2003 which was upgraded to 2010. There were a few glitches but basically all the reports and forms worked correctly and the DB does what we need it to do. Our old HP printer was having trouble with the fuser so we installed a new one. One important report (contract agreement) no longer prints automatically on legal size paper but on two pages of 8 1/2 x 11 and I cannot figure out how to correct it. The only way to get the agreement to print out on legal is to change the entire printer default to be 8 1/2 x 14 and print the specific database record- very fraught with error.

It used to be I could set the desired paper size i.e. tray in the print set up for the report. That particular set up menu appears to be gone from Access 2010. I have checked report properties and do not find it there. I have looked through two Access 2010 manuals and can't figure out how to link a report to a specific paper size.

Operating system is Windows 7 and I believe a 32 bit system. The printer is a 64 bit printer which maybe be half my problem.

Can anyone help me? Please make suggestions simple as I am not very familiar with 2010 and am struggling to learn where all the menu items I used to use are!

This should be such an easy fix but I am stymied. Thank you for any assistance.

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.