mrt1069 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Duplicating Table/form/reports with new sources

Hi, I am trying to create a duplicate of a table, form, and report for a secondary use, and I am having trouble getting all of the relationships set up properly.

Right now I have a Table for purchases, and form to enter data into said table, and a report to display a purchase order.

I would like to duplicate all of this info and use the same basic format to create a new table for requests for quotations, which would be separate from the purchase order table.

I can duplicate the table fairly easily and rename it to Request for Quotations, but how do I duplicate the forms and reports and get them to update the Request for Quotations table rather than the original table?

Thanks,

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    The easiest way to create a copy of a form is to highlight the form in the navigation panel, use Ctrl-C to copy, then Ctrl-V to paste. Access might automatically create a new name for the copy, in which case you will have to rename it manually, or it might ask you for a new name.

Then open the new form in design view, and in the proprties, change the record source to the Request for Quotations table. Having done that, you will have to go through all the controls making sure they are bound to fields in the new table, and make the required changes. Access cannot do that automatically.

You will probably need to make some changes to the form's VBA code, if you have any.

If the two source tables are essentially the same (i.e. same field names) it is not as bad as it might seem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.