Romarno4 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Thumbs down Report to only display certain info/totals and not full details - from a newbie

Hey, newbie here! I've looked in various places on here but I've not been able to find the answer so far so I apologise if I've missed it or if it's in the wrong place.

I work at a Volunteer Centre and I've been asked to create a simple db to register our volunteers and to have linked activities for each user/member. Now as I've not created anything in access for a very long time I've had to refresh my skills a little! I now have the tables and forms etc set up and working however the Operations Manager needs a reporting function to help with stats. Now I know how to do queries and basic reports (using the wizard) and have even had a look at grouping, however I'm unable to get the report to how it's needed.

The info that's input are things such as name, dob, gender, age group, interests, skills, disabilities, referrals etc however the report only needs to show totals of certain fields such as gender, age group, disabilities, who has been registered/referred/placed etc and to not show each record/volunteer’s details in the report, just simply totals and field names, for each month (stats are done quarterly). How would I go about this? Let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks in advance!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Perhaps you could create a "Totals" query and base the report on that query
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks, I'll give this a go. Sometimes I can't see things for looking! Appreciate your help. Will let you know how I get on

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for this! Worked like a charm! Really appreciate the help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.