Wombatmaster is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Printing a 2 column report where the columns are offset

Hi all

We use proprietary labels at our organisation that are two column in design but the columns are offset:

John Smith
    123 Jackson Lane
    Townsville John Smith
    Country 123 Jackson Lane
    Townsville
    Jack Jones Country
    321 This Street

This town Michael Jones
    Country 444 That Street

etc.

Is there a way to replicate this in an access report?

Kind thanks

Wombatmaster

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    doesn't look very offset to me - amend your post and use the code tags (the # button) to preserve offsets.

but the simple answer is just to offset the required controls in the report designer (assuming each line of the address has its own control)

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi Ajax

Thank you for the prompt response. Sorry about the formatting - I submitted my question through my phone.

The label sheet that we are using is of 10 labels (2 columns of 5 - with the right column shifted down so it it is between the row of the labels on the left, if that makes sense.

I have a query that repeats each record a number of times based on a value, if that helps.

Thanks

Wombatmaster

have a query that repeats each record a number of times based on a value, if that helps.
    Not really, need to see and example of what you mean

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I apologise for not explaining my problem effectively. I'll give it another shot

The custom labels that we use are not tabular. There are 10 labels on a sheet (5 on each side, in 2 columns, with the right column being slightly lower than the left). I have been able to replicate the layout of the label sheet by repeating the layout for an individual label 10 times and arranging them accordingly.

But now, when I go to print my labels, because I have 10 labels in my report design, I am now printing more than I require (I am using this method to do so: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html).

I suspect that I need to divide the quantity that I am printing but can't come up with the right formula.

Thanks again.

still no wiser - provide a screenshot of what your label sheet looks like (so you can see the label outline) and where the address is to be printed and to illustrate the problem. Right column below the left sounds strange - is it a standard Avery or similar?

and please clarify what this means 'because I have 10 labels in my report design, I am now printing more than I require'. does this mean you want one label printed on the sheet and the rest remain blank? And is it the same label to be printed a number of times or is each one different?To be clear, Access has a label wizard - see this link - are you using this? and if not, is it because of the offset between columns?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.