gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Parameter value popup-why?

This is also posted in CHAT forum, by mistake.

Using A2007 Windows 7 and 10

I have program that uses a “master” form to select a customer. From that master form, the user (among other things), selects and opens Pricing Forms where he enters detailed data to determine a final price for the selected object for that particular customer Id. Each Pricing Form is for a different type object. It is opened from the master form using vba modules. The master form always remains open.

When the user finishes pricing an object, then wants to price another type object for the same customer, he closes the pricing form which takes him back to the master form. He then selects and opens another pricing form where he enters needed data to price that other object.. The pricing form is a singular format form with multiple pages showing previous pricing events for that customer.

I would like him to go from one pricing form to the other for a given customer without using the master form. I put a button on one of the pricing forms to open another pricing form. The code closes the active pricing form, them calls the same module used by the master form to open the new pricing form. The new pricing form opens OK, but I get a popup that says “Enter parameter value” and shows “Forms!F_JibPrice!break2” and a place to enter values. JibPrice is the form just closed and JibBreak2 is an expression (not a field) on that form.

If I click the popup’s Cancel or if I enter numbers in the provided blank, the popup closes and I get another identical popup. I repeat procedure on new popup and new form is useable. If I click OK for both popups, I get another two identical popups with message “Object Invalid-No longer Set”. Once rid of popups, the new pricing form functions as designed.

This is puzzling. The code procedures used when I close the first form, then click the button on the master form to open the other pricing form are the same two procedures used when I try to open one pricing form from another. Yet, one procedure works fine, the other gives me the parameter value popups. I see other items in this forum with similar hassles with “Parameter Value”, but none quite fit this situation.

Any help much appreciated.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You are getting the parameter value popups because the form “Forms!F_JibPrice” is closed and therefore the value from "JibBreak2" is unavailable.
    I would have to see the dB to try and find out how to stop the popups.

Maybe move the statement that closes form “F_JibPrice” to the last line in the subroutine.

gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Thank you so much! Moving the close command to the end of the subroutine does it. I don't understand it and will read up and try-just seems illogical. The JibBreak2 is unavailable, but it it doesn't have anything to do with the form being opened. Why does the same code work in one sequence but not another?

Thanks again, it was driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    You are getting the parameter value popups because the form “Forms!F_JibPrice” is closed and therefore the value from "JibBreak2" is unavailable.
    I would have to see the dB to try and find out how to stop the popups.

Maybe move the statement that closes form “F_JibPrice” to the last line in the subroutine.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why does the same code work in one sequence but not another?
    Couldn't tell you without looking at your dB. Maybe there is code that references JibBreak2, maybe a query.....

Good luck with your project.......

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.