ravininave is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

The Microsoft Office Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are att

Hi, I'm getting error like

"The Microsoft Office Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time"
    I'm not able to open the database. Even I can't import/export data to another db or from another db. I tried with several compact utility (downloaded jetcomp.exe) but it didn't works.
    I tried mostly solutions from web.

Can anyone tell me the perfect solution for this.?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    trying rebooting your computer?

I'm trying this from last 8-10 days means I had rebooted my pc at least 10-20 times.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Is this a multi user db with front ends on each users machine and backend on the network? Or a single, non split db? If split is the front end shared (i.e. on the network)? Also what version is everyone using? 2007? runtime? 32 or 64bit? If split is it the front end or backend which you do not have access to?

If multi user, perhaps someone else is connected to the db? Open the .laccdb file and see how many connections exist. Also try deleting this file.

Have you tried opening the file from another computer? perhaps your copy of Access is corrupted?

I suspect jetcomp wouldn't work - JET is the old, ACE is the new from 2007

Yes it's a 2007 version. No I'm not using it in Network it's on standalone pc. non split db. 32 bit. not multi user single user. I tried it on my another pc and on laptop everywhere I am getting same error.
    I didn't tried ACE. It it a recovery tool?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    ACE is the database engine - previously Access used JET.

Only other thing I can suggest it to try and open the db in exclusive mode. Open access, browse to your file and in the bottom right, select the exclusive option.

Otherwise, sounds like your db is corrupted, can you revert to a backup? if not I think you have a problem. Once you do get up and running again, I strongly recommend you split the db, keep a spare copy of the frontend somewhere and regularly backup the backend - it reduces the chances of corruption and improves the opportunity to recover, even for single users.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ACE is the database engine - previously Access used JET.

Only other thing I can suggest it to try and open the db in exclusive mode. Open access, browse to your file and in the bottom right, select the exclusive option.

Otherwise, sounds like your db is corrupted, can you revert to a backup? if not I think you have a problem. Once you do get up and running again, I strongly recommend you split the db, keep a spare copy of the frontend somewhere and regularly backup the backend - it reduces the chances of corruption and improves the opportunity to recover, even for single users.

Still no one is telling me how to repair the db.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    if it is corrupted, it cannot be repaired

Okay Ajax. Thanking you!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.