superfishatwork is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Splitting the Access 2010 Web Issue Tracker template breaks macros

I've been editing the Web Issue Tracker found in Access 2010 templates.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.14).aspx

(I am unable to provide a direct link to the template as it appears to have been removed from the MS template library, if required I can possibly upload a blank copy of the template).

I have a working database now, however when I split the database using the 'split database' tool, due to an issue with (data) macros and linked tables, it breaks the macro completely.

The macro allows for 'comments' to be added to a form. It's found in both IssueNew Form (description field), and in IssueDetail form (comment field).
    When I try to add a comment/description and hit save, the following error message displays

Code:
    The data macro Comments.Addcomment could not be found

It's been raised as an issue previously, with no simple solution provided. This is the closest I've found.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...81d9ae8c9?db=5

I'm pretty new to Access, so if someone is able to help, and perhaps provide 'an idiots guide to' resolving this. I tried to look at the code builder, but I don't have the experience or knowledge to have it do what I need it to do.

I've checked, and when looking in the front end side of the database, there's no macro's showing. When looking in the original db pre split, the macro's are there.

Is a print screen of the original macro.

If I can provide any more information, let me know.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't use data macros, so I am guessing a bit, but I suspect the problem is this:

Data macros are associated with ("attached to") the tables and are stored as part of the table. When you split the database, the tables are no longer in the front end, and so neither are the macros. When you try to run one of the macros, Access can't find it because it isn't in a local table, and does not try following the links (which makes sense, because the name of the table in the front end does not have to be the same as the table name in the back end) - thus you get the macro not found error.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.