playgroundlegend is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

I keep getting "Enter Parameter Value" Box Popping up when I open my form (contaning a subform query

All my equations work in my database, and everything is smooth, but the dialog box keeps popping up.

If I just click "Ok" without entering in any value everything works as it should. However, this will probably be problematic to the less savvy users who may be using this.

It looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	24552

Heres the form (I covered sensitive info):

Name:	example3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	24553

and heres that subform query it may be referencing thats in the form (since its making a reference to "OrderID" In that pop-up box):

Name:	example4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	24554

Ive done things like this before and never gotten a dialog box popping up asking to enter values. Its really weird that it works perfectly fine with me just hitting ok.

It gets really annoying though when I try a new "transaction" though, because it pops up when I enter a new transaction, then again after I start adding something (once it assigns the Trans ID to the new record), then once again when I start adding purchases in the subform.

Is there something Im overlooking?

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Close all your forms and try running the queries individually. That could isolate the guilty one.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    according to your navigation window, you don't have a query1 - suggests you may have renamed it but not corrected all the references to it. I would also check your tables for lookup fields

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I too have seen weird things like this happen for no apparent reason. I think (but can't prove) that Access gets confused behind the scenes somewhere, and keeps things in queries that it shouldn't.

Try deleting and then re-creating the query just as you have it, and the error might go away.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Agree with the notion that something was renamed. Some people use AutoName Correct (others avoid it) and Access often makes the required correction when you rename something. However, one place it will not rename something is in the subform control link to the main form. Check the properties of the subform control to see if the subform is linked to the main form by Query1.ORDERID
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

playgroundlegend is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Thank you so much for all the help guys...

I think I found out what it was.. and this will sound incredible odd.

I had the primary key of the query sorted A-Z... I went and changed the sorting to another column, and somehow, that fixed it.

Blows my mind.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.