AnkurJain1410 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Access 2010 to SQL 2014 using SSMAforAccess.exe - XML schema files

I am using SSMA to Access for a particular migration project to migrate all possible tables, views, linked tables, etc. I am using the default schema XML files available in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access\Sample Console Scripts and customized ConversionAndDataMigrationSample.xml, VariableValueFileSample.xml, ServersConnectionFileSample.xml files to provide all source, destination and variables to SSMA based on the requirement of my project. I executing SSMAforAccess.exe in cmd by passing the location of these xml files containing source, destination, variables details required to complete the migration. Migration works perfectly however i want to store a particular service account credentials in connection string to link my Access tables with SQL tables, this can be achieved by marking Linked Table property as "True" in Default project settings of SSMA GUI. It does work and stores the service account credentials in connection string when i directly create a project using SSMA GUI however whenever i try to achieve the same using xml files execution method, the connecting string in the linked tables generates without any service account credentials in it and which is an issue as per the requirements of the project. I am using the below node in ConversionAndDataMigration.xml schema XML file to map Linked Table property as "True" in Default project settings in XML.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSMA GUI - Linked Table Property.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	24484
    <link-table-security mode = "Yes"/>

Also tried values like True, 1, yes, true, etc.

I could be wrong here in choosing this node to store required user credentials in connection string. Could you please direct me to correct node or method to store service account credentials in connection string while migrating access data to SQL using CMD & XML files.

Your prompt response would be really appreciable.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Im so out of my element on this question, but have you tried the intrinsic value for true? long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptus View Post
    Im so out of my element on this question, but have you tried the intrinsic value for true? long shot.
    Yes, myself and team have tried lot many values/options we can think of to fix this issue but no success.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    can you verify the settings are being applied?
    does changing other settings work?

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptus View Post
    can you verify the settings are being applied?
    does changing other settings work?
    Yes, we have changed few other settings while converting data from access to excel and everything works. But for linked tables the XML process to convert access to sql not working. We can create the linked tables but the connection string doesn't reflect the credentials we like to add.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.