QuantifyRisk is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

SQL Insert Into another DB

So, normally I would trial and error this but I can't because I do not have access to the back end DB. This makes it very tough to get very far and it's too time consuming for me right now as well.
    Anyways, ACCESS helped me split the DB last year and I do not know how it knows where to go but it does automatically. I have a remote user that is having trouble connecting to the shared drive where the back end DB is stored. I have it right now as (if i remember correctly):

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO [Final Table] ([text1],[text2]) VALUES ([Name],[Address]) "

Runs fine for everyone but one person. Their link is causing an issue due to the remote access and security reason (cannot share DB with y'all sorry). From what I see online the code is roughly

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO [Final Table] ([text1],[text2]) VALUES ([Name],[Address]) IN " & "//network1/Access Files"

I think I need some clarity on the syntax of this. Thank you in advance.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    if the person does not have permission to see the folder then no amount of code will let you do this.

Its possible they dont see the db because the drive is not mapped. Check the link path of the table...
    (look at the table list, hover the mouse over a table and the path will display)
    if it uses a drive letter , Q:\folder\folder\myData.mdb, then it can fail for this user
    but
    if it uses UNC paths (no drive letters) \\server\folder\folder\myData.mdb
    then the user can use it IF you re-link the tables using LINKED TABLE MANAGER.

but if it IS share rights and he doesnt have permission, then theres nothing you can do.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.