Hi all,

I've taken up a position as a Systems Administrator for a small company recently and have taken over administration of their Office 365 platform.

I was asked to created a Hardware Asset Tracker for the Mobiles / tablets / Laptops the company has given out (Approx 300 mobile phones, 50 tablets and 20 odd laptops)

I tried the Asset Tracker Template and believe it could serve my needs extremely well.

I have taken out any unnecessary fields in the Employees and Assets tables and now need to populate the tables with rows.

I want to write a PowerShell script to compose a .csv file of our employees with relevant info if available and populate the list with this.

The Exchange service also displays info on some hardware, if they have a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account set up (which they all do, we set up the phones before handing them out). This info includes the Name, Model and IMEI of the Phones which if could be accessible from a script could cut down on th amount of queries I would need.

I am just asking if anyone knows if this is impossible? Am I going about this the wrong way and pointers to PowerShell tutorials for this kind of work.

If possible I wonder if I could set the script to trigger once a week on the weekend to cascade any changes with employees we make in the Admin console of Office 365 and update the DB with this info, this is obviously not a priority and I want to get the Tracker up and running as quickly as possible within SharePoint.

Thanks