Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Publishing as ACCDE Questions

I have a number of questions/issues coming up as I try to compile and publish my accdb database. I'd like to address them one at a time in this topic to avoid confusion. Here goes.

There are 3 files in this database, two front ends and one back end. I'll start with the one I am able to compile FrontEnd1.accdb. This compiles without any errors. When I try to open the ACCDE file I get the standard security notice.

"It is not possible to determine that this content came from a trustworthy source. etc. ..."

Well I know and trust the source, so I click open. The first thing I notice is different is all the check boxes, about 50 of them, are filled in solid instead of an empty white box. I am, however, able to check and uncheck them. When I do that they convert to a empty white box, like normal. I believe this may be caused by the following. Only the macro driven command buttons are working. None of the code driven buttons work. About 90% of this single form application is controlled with macros, but there are a few critical things are code driven. So that's the first thing I want to address. All these command buttons work just fine in the ACCDB file. I suspect the security settings need to be tweaked, but I'm not sure where to start.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    you should also have a button to enable code required to be clicked the first time you open the db

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I was thinking that their triple state property is set to yes, thus they are (in 2007) blue (null). When they are white (as they are when you have checked then unchecked them) they are false, and checked when true. I don't suppose it could be that simple...

Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Micron, I suspect it is that simple.

Ajax, Enable button was clicked.

All, this has become academic. I've been informed (with good reason it seems) not to compile these databases. They are relics of a distant past and the less fuss, the better.

Thanks for your interest.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.