It appears that the Filter Box in List View searches all records for the underlying source table, even if the view was filtered when loaded. For example, I have a view where the List Control shows the records for name of the employee and the year of sale. This view uses RequeryRecords to show records for employee AA who had sales in 2016 when it's fired from the OnLoad action, and this view shows the correct records just for AA in the List Control.

However, if I use the Filter Box and I search for the string "2016" the List Control will show ALL employees who had sales for that year, essentially removing the filter for employee AA. If I type "2015" the List Control will also show ALL records for that year of sale as well. This is obviously not good in keeping information confidential.

I cannot use a query as the record source because the view must allow editing, deleting or adding records to the source table, and AFAIK dynamically setting the Record Source for the view is not possible.

Is there way to limit the Filter Box to search only records that were filtered by the RequeryRecords action fired by the OnLoad action? Or another way to open a List View to show just the desired records without using RequeryRecords?