rkeesecker is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Access Options - Application icon problem

Cannot find a solution to a problem, having looked in all my at-hand resources. So, here I am. When I set the "application icon" to the path on my hard drive where the icon is located, no problem. I have clicked the box "Use as Form and Report icon" and it works fine. When I remove the path except for the icon filename in anticipation of distributing the database, I receive the error message: Microsoft Access is unable to set the application's icon to the file .... Make sure the file is a valid icon (.ico) file. If you're using Microsoft Windows, you can also use .bmp files. It seems to me the issue is being sure the .ico file is in (embedded?) in the .accdb file. I haven't been able to accomplish that. I created a separate table with an attachments column and attached the .ico file. That doesn't solve the problem. When I open the database in runtime version, problem still exists. I'm stumped on how to make an image file part of the .accdb file in order to resolve this issue.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Why not create a subfolder for your database, stick the file in there then just reference it by using currentproject.path & "\mysubfolder\Filename.ico"
    Then you just have to distribute folder and .ico file with your database which shouldn't be a huge issue.

rkeesecker is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016
    Ah. That simple. Thanks rpeare. Just now learning how to package a database for distribution. It has been interesting during my investigation into this, that I have not found anything which specifically addresses how image files are or are not included in the main .accdb file. It's probably user error, i.e. I'm missing something, but I've referenced the Access 2013 Bible, Access 2016 for Dummies, Lynda.com courses, and of course obligatory Googling the matter. Thanks for your help. The solution is apparently a simple matter of packaging the database. My learning curve continues.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.