csunger is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

How to check out an item for multiple dates in the Lending Library template?

I am trying to use Access 2007 in order to keep track of inventory for a small rental program for my school. The program is perfect because it can track inventory, who has it, if it is overdue or not, etc. My only problem is that when I check out an item for say a date 2 weeks away from when I am booking the item it lists the item as not available. Therefore if someone wants to rent the item for the upcoming weekend, and have it returned before the next people have it checked out, I can not put it in the system. This is very frustrating because this is my only issue with the program and I am hoping it is something I can accomplish. If anyone knows how to check out an item for multiple dates and not have it come up as unavailable until the actual rental date, you're help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much to all who respond.

ConneXionLost is offline Simulacrum
    Windows XP Access 2003
    How to Cross Post Politely.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I like that link, though I'm not sure it's totally applicable here. I think it deals with cross-posting on different sites. One should never post the same question multiple times on the same site.

That said, I would test that there is not a conflicting reservation, and then accept the future reservation. Given the correct table structure, here's an idea on how to find conflicting items. You'd have to add your item, but the concept of overlapping reservations should apply.

http://www.baldyweb.com/OverLap.htm
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.