nj2la96 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Report View Problems!!!

I am creating a report that has command buttons (i.e Save to PDF, Print, Email etc) on the report header section, but these buttons can only be viewed when the report is shown on Report View and not Print Preview.

However, on the same report, I have a couple of fields in the detail section that I want to hide, namely the quantity and unit price fields which should be hidden if the quantity is equal to 1.

Here is my problem. If I make the default be Report view, I see my buttons on the top but it does not hide my quantity and unit price fields. And, if I change the view to Print Preview, I can NOT see the buttons on the top but my quantity and unit price fields are now hidden.

Does anyone please have an idea how I can have both the buttons on top of my report as well as hide the fields in the detail section??

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    duplicate post with responses here

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=284417

OP not happy with suggestions so check them out before spending time suggesting the same thing

@nj2la96 - suggest you read this link - http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184

nj2la96 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I apologise. I wasn't trying to break any rules. I went on the other website and was not able to get a resolution and came here to try to find other ideas as I suggested in the original post. I had no idea the 2 domains were related.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I had no idea the 2 domains were related.
    I don't think there is any relation. That isn't the issue. The issue is just that people don't want to spend their time answering a question which might have already been answered elsewhere. If you at least mention that you posted it elsewhere, and provided the links, then anyone responding here can check there first to make sure that the question hasn't already been answered or don't waste their time making a suggestion that was already proposed.

The last link in Ajax's reply does a nice job of explaining the issue in detail, and how to Cross-Post is such a manner as to not ruffle any feathers.

redpenner is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    There's another duplicate post at http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/ind...wtopic=2034744

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.