adamjon92 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Using Multiple Combo Boxes

Happy Friday everybody!

I'll admit that I just started using forms, so I'm hoping this is an easy question for you guys. I have 2 different tables I'm using. One is called "Carrier Information" that has a variety of information, including carrier name, address, website, contact name, contact number, contact email, etc. I have another query, which is called "Carrier Spend & Tonnage", that uses the carrier name and shows all of the shipments that carrier has made, including the shipment month, the lane it shipped on, tons move, and money spent.

I'm trying to combine these 2 tables/queries into the same form. I currently have only worked with the "Carrier Information" table, and I have it set up where the carrier name is a combo box, and when you select the carrier you want, it updates the rest of the information. Now I'm trying to include the "Carrier Spend & Tonnage" query into the form too, so when the carrier name gets updated in the combo box, it lists the lanes it shipped on, the tonnage, the spend, and the shipment month.

I don't know if it'd be possible, but having something similar to a pivot table would be perfect to be able to sort the lanes. Maybe transferring the form into a report would work better. Like I said, I'm a newbie, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adam

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Adam,

Since you are admittedly new to database, I recommend you work through this tutorial from RogersAccessLibrary. It will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour, but you will learn some real concepts that will help you with database and table design. The approach will show you how to ensure you database design (tables and relationships) matches your business requirements.
    The tutorial has a business description, a problem definition and a solution, along with an outline of the Hernandez approach.
    You have to do some work, but you will learn.

Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.