Tlo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Open Form With Specific Record Based On Hyperlink

Hello,

I've set up a report that lists several records, and within each record a ticket number is shown. I want the user to be able to click the ticket number and a form open showing just that record (I've built the form with what I want populated). I've set the "Is Hyperlink" property to yes on the report, and added the OpenForm macro command. It works, but when I click the hyperlink an "Enter Parameter Value" dialog pops up. I can enter a ticket number in the dialog box and the form opens like I want it to, but I don't want the dialog box to pop up. I want the user to click the hyperlink and the form open without having to enter criteria. Here is what the macro looks like:
    OpenForm

Form Name: frmNextServicePrintTicket
    View: Print Preview
    FilterName:
    Where Condition: =[qryNextService]![TicketNumber]=[txtTicketNumber]
    Data Mode: Read Only
    Window Mode: Dialog

The qryNextService is where the ticket number is generated, and txtTicketNumber is the text box on the report that is hyperlinked.
    Thoughts on how to eliminate the pop up parameter dialog?

Thanks in advance

vicsaccess is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Tlo, I'm kind of confused as you speak of a reports but describe a continuous form. i have not used hyperlinks since i haven't needed them yet but i believe they are for opening "outside objects" not objects within your DB. personally i handle that by creating a continuous form, then putting a command button over the top of the ticket number and make its properties transparent, then put your code or macro to this command button. also not familiar with Macros but with code your where statement needs a little work.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.