sabha is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

How to use Access

Hi,

First of all, I am completely new to access and I need to find a solution to reduce my excel file size by using Access.

I have a lot of data in an excel file and now its so much that it takes forever to even click on a cell. In this excel file, Tab 1 is a pivot table data from a Cube. Tab 2 and Tab 3 are both linked to data from the cube, which is in Tab 1. Tab 4, 5, and 6 are pivot tables that are linked to Tab 2 and 3.

Now I need to put tabs 2 and 3 into access but they still need to be linked to the cube data as it refreshes every month. Once I do that, I want to refresh the pivot tables in tabs 4,5,6 in excel using the access sources, which will be tabs 2 and 3 that I would have put in access.

Is this possible? If yes, how? If not, what other solution is there?

I would appreciate all help! Thanks!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I do not believe that using Access for the purpose of reducing an excel file is a viable approach.It is very common to move from Excel to Access because of the inherent differences between a spread sheet and a database. A database is multi user, one can control the User Interface, etc. So in many cases users first begin on Excel and then realize their application will not scale - and so move it to Access. Also it is very common to import data from excel, as well as export data to excel.But attempting to connect a complex Excel work book to Access solely for the purpose of reducing the excel file size is probably not worth the complexity.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.