zburns is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Loop thru Report Records

Presently I have an autoexec macro that opens severalreports (from different tables) in which I can view specific records nearingtheir expiration by conditional formatting of a particular date field.
    What I would like to do is be able to loop thru each selectedreport and display just those records meeting the expiration criteria. Then display on a separate report just thoserecords (from each report) that meet the criteria.
    So instead of multiple reports to lookthrough I would only have one report that only shows those specific records.

I assume this can be accomplished but need some help to get startedwith the process.

Thanks in advance

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If you're using only macros, apply a filter or WHERE clause in the Open Report parameters to open each report version as you wish it to be. After you close the report in the macro, you can re-open it with a different filter or WHERE clause. If you need help on this, press F1 when you are on the macro parameters at the bottom of the macro window for the particular step.
    Or will this not work because you want to view them and not print them? You can only have one version of a report open at any time. If you need multiple versions, I think you'll have to create them. Even with code, you can only view 1 version at a time AFAIK.
    Last edited by Micron; 02-05-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: versions
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    In database development, which differs from programming - one should not think in terms of 'looping thru' but rather in terms of record sets. It makes a huge different in the speed of the application when the tables are large. You would want to create a query that has the same criteria as your conditional format logic. This creates a new record set - and then you create a new report using this record set.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.