I downloaded the microsoft goods web database from microsoft's template library. this is their link I was hoping to add onto the monthly reports my profit along side the sales, (or if necessary create a profit report, but that seemed way more complex). in the monthlyclientsales report form there is a field "=Nz(Sum([Total Sales]),0)" that calculates how much money was made that month by im assuming calculating what my sales were for the certain month.
What I was hoping was to have a 2nd field that would calculate profits by subtracting product sales price from the cost of purchase. Both datafields are in the product table as "standard cost" and "list price" but I'm not sure how to translate that to the form field.

when creating an order with this database, it creates a new entry in the orders table that is populated by the list price of the products table. So i'm thinking i would have to create a new column in the order table that would autopulate by the "=list price-standard cost" calculation from the products table. Then that coudl be added to the above report?