Dusty is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Smile Creating a form that can show my data

Hey

So I want to create a form that I can goes into a table in Access. I'm new to Access and the form is complicated. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I created a database based on the Desktop Event Management. It mostly fits my needs but when I added items to the form, they didn't add themselves to the output in the table.
    We do community outreach and somewhere to input all of our data. We have this tree of catagories: http://imgur.com/fl3lK6a and what we want it to look like this: http://imgur.com/EtOgwUD (notice the tree tabs along the top)

I need help doing the back end so I can actually manipulate the data.

Any help would be awesome

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Since you didnt provide any info about the database, I cant say. (no second graphic seen)
    But the tree graphic is not an access thing, but collecting the data is.
    Access can 'simulate' a tree using listboxs or treeviews.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    first; the free templates from Microsoft are surprisingly complex - well maybe not surprisingly since they use them to show off the ability of the software.... so getting involved with them is okay if you are going to use them "as is" - but once it comes to modifying them then it can become involved....

next; you write "when I added items to the form, they didn't add themselves to the output in the table" .... if you are discussing the addition of new fields this is fundamentally backwards. The form's fields depend upon its record source which can be a table or query. Thus one must first add a field to the table, next to the query (if a query is involved) and then finally it will appear in the form's field choices.

on the other hand if you are discussing adding in data into the new fields and the fields exist in both the table & form - then it is not clear what is the issue assuming those form fields are properly bound to the table fields.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.