Voodeux2014 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

calculated field in query not functioning when yes/no field is checked...

here is the SQL for the query in question:

Code:
    SELECT qryClassTakenCost.ClassID, qryClassTakenCost.ClassName, qryClassTakenCost.CostPerStudent, qryClassTakenCost.CostPerCourse, qrySeatsUsed.CountOfStudentID, [qryClassTakenCost].[CostPerStudent]*[qrySeatsUsed].[CountOfStudentID]+[qryCourseTotal].[TotalClassCost] AS TotalClassCost, qrySeatsUsed.EmployerContribution
    FROM (qryClassTakenCost LEFT JOIN qrySeatsUsed ON qryClassTakenCost.ClassID = qrySeatsUsed.ClassID) LEFT JOIN qryCourseTotal ON qryClassTakenCost.ClassID = qryCourseTotal.ClassID;
    The query's last field is a calculated field as follows:
    Code:
    TotalClassCost: [qryClassTakenCost].[CostPerStudent]*[qrySeatsUsed].[CountOfStudentID]+[qryCourseTotal].[TotalClassCost]
    The weird thing that is going on, i noticed first that a specific class nothing was being returned in the TotalClassCost field. I thought it was strange since it had values in both of the required fields in order to produce a result.

To dig further I changed a record to be similar to the one that was having an issue.
    * It appears that when the yes/no field (EmployerContribution) is checked, it will not calculate the total.

* Any class that has a value in the two fields required to calculate in the TotalClassCost AND does not have the EmployerContribution field checked, it calculates the total.

Why is it that a yes/no field would cause this issue? And more of a focal point, how do I correct it?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    SELECT qryClassTakenCost.ClassID, qryClassTakenCost.ClassName, qryClassTakenCost.CostPerStudent, qryClassTakenCost.CostPerCourse, qrySeatsUsed.CountOfStudentID, [qryClassTakenCost].[CostPerStudent]*[qrySeatsUsed].[CountOfStudentID]+[qryCourseTotal].[TotalClassCost] AS TotalClassCost, qrySeatsUsed.EmployerContribution
    FROM (qryClassTakenCost LEFT JOIN qrySeatsUsed ON qryClassTakenCost.ClassID = qrySeatsUsed.ClassID) LEFT JOIN qryCourseTotal ON qryClassTakenCost.ClassID = qryCourseTotal.ClassID;

thought it was strange since it had values in both of the required fields in order to produce a result.

TotalClassCost: [qryClassTakenCost].[CostPerStudent]*[qrySeatsUsed].[CountOfStudentID]+[qryCourseTotal].[TotalClassCost]
    you say both fields, I count 3 fields

Also from your naming, you are utilising other queries so I would check those as well - perhaps they are returning a null value. Using left joins will create a null value if there isn't a inking record. Perhaps your employercontribution field is stopping a record being created

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.