wonder06 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

unmatched data in tables

Hello. I am new to this forum and access 2010. I have a database with a customer table which is queried for a number of forms and reports. There are also new customers each month which would need to be part of the queries for the same forms and reports. These new customers are usually imported in another table in another database. This table is linked in my database. My question is after identifying the new customers; is there any other way besides using an append query every month to be able to have them flow through to the forms and reports as regular customers? The only other way I can think of is a union query. I am trying to element the need for so many queries to slow down my database. Any advice would be welcomed as I am willing to learn better ways to a robust database. Thanks

CJ_London is offline VIP
    is there any other way besides using an append query every month to be able to have them flow through to the forms and reports as regular customers?
    This would be the recommended method- particularly if you want a robust system. You can perhaps use union queries but they are slow and potentially prone to error if you have no control over the original tables

wonder06 is offline Novice
    I appreciate your response. I just wanted to know if I was doing the right thing. Again thank you

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.