Traceyann1964 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Incorrect data

Hi
    I posted this as a follow up to another answered question so apologies. Hope someone can help
    My database is vehicle management for a mechanic who wants to be able to store all his vehicle data, customer records and raise invoices and keep that invoice data for future reference
    I have 3 main tables. Customers, Vehicles and Invoicing.
    My relationships are Customers to vehicles one to many and Customers to Invoicing one to many both linked via Customer ID. I then have a one to many relationship between vehicles and invoicing linked via vehicle reg
    In a scenario where a customer changes their vehicle, I have a field in the vehicles table called "inactive" and I will tick the box to say yes that is a previous vehicle. I then enter a new vehicle for that customer. If I then raise an invoice (through a form) for the "new" vehicle, and go back into the invoicing table, the invoice for the "inactive" vehicle is showing with the new vehicle details ie Car registration plate when it should be against the "inactive" vehicle. Sorry if that sounds complicated but not at all sure what I have done wrong

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.