Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charles CL is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Question Force Report Footer to before Page Footer

Dear All,

The [total price] in the report footer is next to the detail of report.
    Whenever the records in the detail is less, the [total price] will hang far above the page footer.
    However, i wish the report footer just before the page footer.

Attempt for the solution:
    I found some codes used to fix the distance of the detail section, report footer section and page footer section.
    However, I think there may be have other solution to do so.

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Charles

Attachment:
    Distance From Report Footer to Page Footer.pdf

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Is the code working to get what you want? If so, what is the issue here?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    The information given doesn't make sense to me. How can you possibly have a report footer before anything else? The image makes me think there is a section grouping with totals, or maybe even a group footer with totals. Don't know which because I can't tell if the project details are in a page header or group header. If so, the solution might be to move the totals to the report footer.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    June7:

I'm not familiar with codes, therefore i wish to get alternative solution for this.

Looking forwards of a simple solution.

Thanks,
    Charles

June7 is offline VIP
    I am just as confused as Micron. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Micron,

The sequence of sections display in the report:
    Report Header,
    Page Header,
    Detail,
    Report Footer,
    Page Footer.

I guess what you mean is in the report design view, where the report footer is at the bottom most.
    However, when it display, it goes up before the page footer.

For your information, i didn't make any grouping at here.
    Simple blank text boxes for those "total calculations".

All the records are in the detail section as it will not repeat, while the fields text boxes and all the text boxes above it are in the section of page header (i need it to be repeated).

In the pdf file, the totals are in the report footer.

However, it always appear next to the records of detail. I want it to stick right before the page footer, so that it looked consistent, and it won't goes up and down follow the records length.

I'm apologize for my poor language. Please correct me if i do make confusion.

Thanks,
    Charles

Windows 8 Access 2013
    June7,

I'm sorry for the confusion. I hope my explanation above could make you understand.
    Confidential part has been removed, therefore the part i showed in the pdf file is ok to be revealed.

Regards,
    Charles

June7 is offline VIP
    Did some tests with my report. Guess never thought much about it but apparently report footer does naturally display before page footer. However, the report footer shows on only the last page. After thinking about it, this does make sense because page footers would often have info like page numbers and date.

Bing: Access report footer bottom of page

See if this helps http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...bottom-of-page

Windows 8 Access 2013
    June7,

Thank you for the solution.

Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    If Page = Pages Then
    Me.[TextBoxName].Visible = True
    Else
    Me.[TextBoxName].Visible = False
    End If
    End Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Charles CL View Post
    Micron,
    I guess what you mean is in the report design view, where the report footer is at the bottom most.
    However, when it display, it goes up before the page footer.
    You are correct. I guess it's one of those paradigms I get into when the way I've always experienced a design result has worked for me, so one gets to thinking it always works that way. Thanks June7; I also played with a simple test report and couldn't fix the problem by way of grouping, footers or grand totals. However, I note that on the MS web, it explains it in a way that suggests the page count depends on the number of records, not whether or not it spills over more than one page.
    By default, when you generate a report in Access, the Page property and the Pages property are set based on the current total number of records in the report at the time that you generate the report.
    At first I thought that's why I could not get 1 page worth of records to work if I forced a second page by altering the detail row heights. After about an hour of fooling around, I found that the solution only works for report view, which I almost never use, being in favour of print preview.

I found a site that explains how to add a page total to each page. If I put the control in the page footer it works as designed. However, if I put it in the page footer instead, I could get different text to display on each page by setting different control values in each section of code that the solution requires -very interesting! Not only that, it works in print preview. So I guess you could also hide it on one page, but not the other (of a 2 page report). Not sure what's involved beyond 2 pages, but I have to put this aside for now.
    Code:
    Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Me.txtCount = "PgeHdr"
    End Sub

Private Sub ReportHeader_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Me.txtCount = "RptHdr"
    End Sub

June7 is offline VIP
    Micron, "If I put the control in the page footer it works as designed. However, if I put it in the page footer instead" - should one of those 'page' be 'report'?

Yes. I spent so much time writing my post, testing further in my db, editing my post, that I goofed. Should have been
    If I put the control in the page footer it works as designed (and probably how Charles wants it to). However, if I put it in the report footer instead, it ends up above the last page footer, like Charles didn't want. I can tell which procedure is controlling the content by the Me.txtCount result.

I think I'll play with it some more down the road.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    I am not sure Charles wants it below the page footer - maybe wants to be at bottom just above the page footer instead of up against the detail section records.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Micron,

Thank you for spent so much effort on trying to help me.
    Yes, i put it in the page footer so that it won't goes up and down follow the length of the records in the detail section.
    However, i don't want it to be repeated for every page, so i use the VBA code that i posted last time to make it visible only at the last page.
    So, my goal is the [total] appear at the last page and it sticks together above of the page footer (perhaps i should say it is in the page footer).
    Another reason to put the [total] into the page footer is it will consistently stay at the bottom of the report, together with other information that also needed to stay at the bottom of the report.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    June7,

Yes, you are correct. Another problem was appeared as the [total] reserve 'space' for the pages before the last page.
    This is because the code is just make it invisible at all page besides the last page, but it stills exist.
    This is not my wish, as i don't want it to have blank space in between of the report.
    I'm particular about this because i make my report same like a table in excel, whereby all records are in the box of the table.
    So, when there is a reserved "space" in between, it looked weird.

Lastly, the lines between sections (page header, detail, page footer) are not connected.
    I had posted the problem once before, however i still cant get the solution.

Looking forwards of your help.

Regards,
    Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.