adi2011 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Adding/editing/deleting data from Access 2013 database via browser?

Hello,

I have access 2013 offline desktop database (DB) created for everyday business (materials managament, sales etc). I have approx. 50+ forms/tables/reports.
    I plan to put one part (5%) of that DB online. That 5% is component called „Purchase orders“. In order to do that, few tables which are connected to component „Purchase orders“, I decided to convert that tables to sharepoint list, and then create Access 2013 Web App with linked tables from sharepoint list.
    Then I have found that it is IMPOSSIBLE to add any new data via Access Web App 2013 because tables are linked to sharepoint list?! It is ONLY POSSIBLE however, to add new records directly editing sharepoint list which sucks hard!

Since my plan to put few tables from my DB to online using only sharepoint lists and Access Web App is ruined by very unpleasant surprise from Microsoft, I am trying to figure out how to convert few of my tables connected to component „Purchase orders“ online (via browser), but same tables must be still available for adding/editing data from offline DB. I guess that is possible if I migrate all of my tables to MSSQL server DB and than to single out all tables from component „Purchase orders“ and put them to use via browser using ASP.NET or similar.

Any help is appreciated because I am stuck
    Thank you.
    Adi

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Data enabled web site is not simple. I did some experimenting with Access db, ASP, ColdFusion, IIS few years ago. Can't remember much except it was challenging. Never implemented anything mostly because too many bureaucratic hoops to jump through.

Has been topic of several threads - did you search? Here is one https://www.accessforums.net/access/...via-39095.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Agree with June7 (and apparently, your experience). SharePoint lists have never impressed me as a viable data source for Access use. You could consider Excel workbooks or similar formats that Access can 'read' (such as csv files) that are edited and saved in a SharePoint site but link to them from Access by the full path name. The files have always afforded me much more usefullness than any list.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.