AlphaNumeric is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Need help linking access databases

Hi, I'm having trouble linking two access databases together at work. The access database I use at work is linked to another database my manager created. His database is used to populate certain fields add tables the database I use. However he has made a new database and the database I'm using needs to be unlinked from the old database to the new one. How would I go about doing this? Also, since these tables that are being imported from my manager's database would I have to recreate all the relationships between the tables? Would I be able to transfer over the relationships if the tables that from the new database are the same as the old database?
    Thanks

Blaise is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you just need to redirect your links from the manager's old database to his new database and that the tables will be the same in both. If that's the case then you should be able to use the "Linked Table Manager". I don't have Access 2000 installed but have a look under Tools - Database Utilities - Linked Table Manager.

hth

Jennifer is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2003
    You can also just copy the name of the old one, and paste it as the name for new one. Your database SHOULD then link to the new one. If your tables are named the same in the new one as the old one you should not have to do anything else, but you will want to test and make sure you are getting the results you expect.

Now, this does not always work if the new database is saved in a differant drive than the old one, or if you are not getting rid of the old one.

Sorry if I state the obvious.

Jen

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.