Jonk7273 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

I am trying to send alerts once you log in and for email as well

I am trying to send alerts on my database for people who have not returned their tools. The employees enter a date on when they will return the tool, if the tool is returned on the said date then all check boxes will clear and the record will be saved. If the tool is late by one day I need an alert to pop up every time the employee logs in, if the tool is late by two days then an email alert will be sent to the floor manager. please help...im a novice at this and I could very much use some assistance.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    How are Users logging in? Do you have a form that opens by default? Maybe you could start by creating a statement or an expression that uses DLookup().

Jonk7273 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Is there any step by step instruction that shows me how to do that? I am looking all over how to do that. I am also trying to do a multi user login where when the user logs in they will have there name and employee numbers displayed on the form so that they don't have to choose them every time they want to add a new record. it will already be there for them. please help...I really am a novice at this stuff.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I use MSDN. I called DLookup a function. So if you search for "DLookup Function Access2010" @ msdn.com, you will probably find what you need. I would recommend filtering the results to "Library" using the options in the left sidebar.

The trick is using the correct term. I seem to find MSDN is classifying what used to be considered functions as Methods, now. So that can make things a little tricky. If you know Dlookup is a method of the Application Object, your search might look like "Application.DLookup Method Access2010"

I would use this result ...https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../ff834404.aspx

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If the tool is late by one day I need an alert to pop up every time the employee logs in
    Then you need their login id, either from a sign-in form, or (my preference) use the fosUserName function (you can find it just about anywhere if you Google it). Those computer login id's need to be in a user table (along with FName, LName and whatever else you need). On startup, a query should run against their login id, looking for anything that is late, and the results passed to a recordset. Using this method, you can present a message box letting them know about the late return and any related data from that query (tool name, days overdue, whatever) if the recordset count >0. As for the email, you can use the SendObject method or use the more complex CDO. Sending mail via CDO is also something you can find code for. It's not affected by security prompts that require anyone to allow an application to send mail.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.